Wednesday, March 20, 2013

LOTD: HipsterGeekChic @ Back in TIME Sessions

Vest: Romeo & Juliet | Shirt: Sanctuary | Pants: Paige
Glasses: Amazon | Necklace: Cross - F21, Bambi - Vintage

So apparently, Philly's Monday night best kept secret is out. About a year ago, a friend of mine invited me to this whiskey bar over on 13th & Sansom that played live music. And then we became regulars. We'd arrive around 9:30, appropriate our high-top table in the back, have a few glasses of wine, nosh on the awesome fries, sometimes dipping them in the mac & cheese topped with BBQ brisket, until the music started around 10. Then room would fill with the soulful sounds of Stevie Wonder, Lauryn Hill, Maxwell, you name it. Artists from all over the city would come to perform at this semi-open mic night/jam session for an awesome crowd of music lovers.

I mean you've got to love live music to drag yourself out on a Monday night, but it was always worth it. Sooner rather than later, the word got out, and last week when we went for my fellow regular's last night in Philly, it was literally standing room only. I'd never seen it so packed, but it per usual was an awesome show.

So I figured, since word's already out, I can divulge my Monday getaway.

Here's a clip of some of the musicians rocking out:


I think the bar itself might be more known for it's whiskey selection, as well as it's dance party scene on Saturday nights upstairs. It's definitely got to be one of my favorite places in Philly, and def worth checking out if you enjoy any of the above.

TIME, 1315 Sansom St., http://www.timerestaurant.net/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment