Tuesday, September 18, 2012

LOTD: Red Lips & Polka Dots aren't just for Minnie Mouse

When I woke up this morning and checked the weather I realized that Fall was attempting to make it's presence known, and in this attempt just confusing the heck out of everyone trying to get dressed this morning. With a high of 77 and a low of 61 and a 60% precipitation rate, I didn't know if I would swelter in my raincoat or be sad and cold that I didn't have one at some point in the day.

Either way when I start with my raincoat, then my color scheme is kind of set - black, white, red, tan. Can you guess what my raincoat looks like? :) Lol. I tried flexi rods for the 3rd time and was substantially more successful than the first two resulting in these pretty loose waves. And I even had a little time to play in my makeup, yes I'm embracing my Russian Red.


I scanned through my newly refreshed with fall staples closet and nabbed this super cute polka dot blouse. While I would have loved to pair this top with the red skinnies I also found over the weekend, I instead remembered where I was going and kept it simple with this black pencil skirt and black pump.


Top: Vince Camuto | Skirt: H&M 
Watch: Michele | Bracelet: David Yurman

On the realest of reals, my mom truly has a gift. I think I might dedicate an entire post to her shopping prowess entitled as such. When I say I cleaned up this weekend, it seriously almost felt like Christmas. While she already had things waiting for me in the closet, after a trip to a money smart fashionista's paradise (Marshalls/TJ Maxx/HomeGoods), I left with 10+ new 25+ looking outfits and a few pieces for my apartment - get this - all for about $300! While in Forever21 or H&M, I could have probably left with 20 new outfits for that amount, I've decided that it's time to invest a little more in better quality, but still not breaking the bank entirely. And while, I do still need (will probably forever use) some coaching from my personal stylist as to how to find these bargains, it's so worth the reward of looking like a million bucks and spending a fraction of it. 

Do be warned that all Marshalls/TJMaxx/HomeGoods stores are not equal. I savor the rare opportunity to shop at the ones in the suburbs near my parents' home, which seem way different than in major cities, but I think that's more so a supply & demand issue because I've found gems in the city stores too. 

While I would love to do the equivalent of a YouTube video haul to show you all the pirate's booty I sailed away with, you'll just have to wait for the goods to be styled and strut down the catwalk of these Center City streets ;)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment