Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week(end) Roundup: Red Lips, Boozy Brunches & MadeInAmerica

I think I'm just now at this very moment recovering from a whirlwind of the past week basically. Labor Day weekend truly took on a mind of it's own, prep starting Friday, festivities Sat - Mon, and back to work on Tuesday?? Asking way too much of me. Nonetheless, I'll share a few highlights...

On Friday, I was feeling a bit patriotic and having finally reached my six empty container quota for the M.A.C. recycling program, I was excited to pick out a new lip shade. To my surprise, my choice was not just between lipstick shades, but lip glosses and eyeshadow were part of the deal as well. And thank the Lord for that. After trying on many a shade of red lipstick that all looked like I'd been eating red chalk - no like seriously, matte lipstick on me drains the moisture from my nose to chin Tyrone Biggums style, so not cute...I switched gears and moved to glosses. First pick was "Ruby Red" and I was sold.

Much to my surprise, I loved it. She did warn me that it wouldn't last as long as lipstick, which I thought I was totally fine with, until I got some yogurt from Scoop Deville (aka sweets heaven on earth) and it was all over my spoon. Had a moment, but such is life. Loved my red lip so much went and got my nails painted in this orangey-red color by O.P.I. called "Ole' Caliente" 



Clearly starting to grow out a bit, but I'll be returning for a polish change tomorrow since these hot tamale tips won't work so well with my pink dress for B + M's nupitals this weekend (outfit post to come!). Honestly, I'd like to say we kicked off the festivities for this nuptials, but we might have just drained the bride and groom to be and shipped them to Albany with a need for a gallon of gatorade and a spa day before the big day with how hard we went for the festival. 

Here's just a snapshot of what I'll call our "Boozy Brunch"...

There were mimosas, bourbon concoctions, tequila shots and plenty of brewskis on deck in this teeny little BYOB cafe in Fairmount called Cafe L'Aube. Not only were we incredibly grateful to the awesome owner for allowing our party of 15 to take over his cafe for 3 hours, but also for serving up some of the most delicious crepes I've had since graduating and leaving the Creperie in Houston Hall behind. Quite obviously I was a little distracted and didn't take pictures of my food before devouring it, but over the course of the two days - yes we kicked off the day here both Saturday and Sunday - I had Le Fromager, La Quebequoise, and of course for good measure a Nutella & Strawberries :) Seriously, if you're looking for a cute place to dine on a weekend morning and avoid the wait of Sabrina's or Green Eggs Cafe, try it out. I promise you won't be disappointed, and nor will it ever be as live as we made it. The only way to kick off a crazy music festival like Made in America though...

Which was by far the highlight of the year!!! In what world could you possibly get buck with MMG, go wild to the spinning of Calvin Harris, bounce hard to a Jigga set, and rock out with Pearl Jam all in the same place??? CRAY!!!


There's seriously not much else to say. It was well executed from top to bottom, rain couldn't even hold us down. So glad we went, both days at that. True memories made. 

And errr...Monday was a recovery day spent with the parentals and little sis. Despite the rain, we had a wonderful day with brunch at Parc and a little shopping around Rittenhouse. All in all, great weekend. 

Hope yours was too!!

xox




No comments:

Post a Comment