Tuesday, August 28, 2012

LOTD: Little Miss Sunshine - Lunch Date Attire


Top: Urban Outfitters | Skirt: F21 | Shoes: Dolce & Gabanna
Necklace: Henri Bendel | Ring: Vintage | Arm Candy: Michele, David Yurman

Call me dorky if you'd like, but whenever I have a set date with my boo piece, I get excited and dolled up as if he's never met me before. Idk there's just something about being asked to go somewhere at a set date and time, doesn't matter where, but it's a date. Nonetheless, when I woke up this morning, it was all dreary and rainy, and I have this thing when it's gross outside I decide to brighten up the day with my attire. Strange, I know. But it brightens moods, I tell ya!

I've wanted to play with the trend of mixing prints and monochromatic looks for a while, and this stripes and pleats yellow look gives me a tad of both worlds. Whenever I wear yellow I always pine over silver or gold accessories, but today rose gold and brushed silver took the lead, so I thought I'd show off my baubles. The grey patent slingbacks I nabbed from Mommy's closet perfectly complimented my grey stripes and the rain :).

I hoped to brighten the gloomy day when he saw me, but the Sun wasn't having my competition and came out just in time for our lunch date in Chinatown. Great food and greater company.

Happy Tuesday! 

xox


2 comments:

  1. soooo...I can't even remember how I stumbled upon your blog today, but Im glad I did!! Basically read through every post and have been inspired to get mine started again! New Look, New daily experiences, and not hidden! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, well i'm glad you did too! it means so much that you enjoyed it and it inspired you. as you probably saw, i started and stopped numerous times, just got to find the groove and keep it up, even it no one reads it, at least it's out there, just in case someone does ;)

      Delete