Friday, August 10, 2012

LOTD: Bonjour Mate!

Top of the morning! So after stumbling upon a few gems in H&M yesterday (if you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw a few fit room flicks ;), and yes, that's the coral dress hanging on my armoire...), I got inspired to start doing a LOTD - Look of the Day series on here, both to display the fun things I've found and a way to make sure someone sees a great outfit, even on a grey gloomy day like today.

Katherine over at A Bit of Sparklefarkle has a series called "Powder Room Fashionista" and posts fabulous looks from various available toilets she encounters lol. Since I don't have my own personal photographer to follow me around, mirror shots might be the way to go.



Anyway, I call today's look: Bonjour Mate! Paris meets the sea! Who says stripes have to be blue and white to be nautical? And who says you need red lipstick to channel Paris?



Sweater: Tommy Hilfiger (super old!) | Top & Pants: H&M | Shoes: Magnolia | Earrings: Tiffany & Co. | Necklace: Mommy's Jewelry Box :) | Watch: Michele | Bracelets: David Yurman, Tiffany & Co. 
Readers: Gotham | Sunnies: Ebay

Though I would have loved either of those options to complete my look, I worked with what was in my closet and made due with a wompity bantu knot out attempt that resulted in semi-damp inconsistent beach waves lol. Despite all of that, a saleswoman from Loft handing out flyers for a 40% sale today (might be a lunch-time browse) told me I looked gorgeous, which made my morning. I guess putting in a little effort in the morning goes a longer way than expected.

Happy Friday!!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment