Thursday, August 9, 2012

Online Shopping Haul!!

Ok, so I don't know what exactly classifies a "haul" per se, but I've seen a number of vloggers use the term, and thought why not use it to describe the little binge e-shopping I did last month. I wrote a bit about the shoes I found for a steal at Zara not too long ago. But I also got a few additions to my beauty and bauble collection.

First up - BHCosmetics. So I'm all about learning new makeup techniques, you know to enhance my pretty and all, and while most of the YouTubers are makeup artists and use way more makeup than I could ever imagine, I try to learn a thing or two. I'd heard a couple of them mention this BHCosmetics place for amazing deals and good quality. And when I stumbled upon the site, I honestly couldn't help but have my suspicions. It was just price slash after price slash EVERYWHERE! But I'd seen multiple YouTubers do tutorials with the palettes and have awesome results. So I went ahead and added a few things to my shopping cart. I got a 15-piece brush set, a 28-smokey eye palette, and a 28-color neutral eye palette - get this - all for the bargain price of $42 (+nominal shipping & handling). But seriously?!? My mac eye shadows cost like $15 a piece! Anyway, I was quite delighted when my package arrived, quite promptly I must say.




 Oh yeah! Any order over $25 got that cute little Kabuki brush too!

 The brushes came in an awesome folding leather carrying case, making it uber convenient for travel!

 The neutral palette. 

The smokey eye palette

The first time I tried using my new toys, I was a little discouraged because I felt like the brushes weren't picking up the shadow or the shadows weren't pigmented enough. No, I just didn't know what I was doing. And I've gotten better! And I love my purchase. If the sale is still going on, I highly recommend trying their products, you really can't go wrong. Just imagine the possibilities...!

Well since my cosmetics products came so quickly, I was eager for my necklace from ILY Couture to arrive  promptly as well. No such luck. I knew that it could take up to 2 weeks, but I didn't think that meant to ship.
I'd been gagging over this bubble necklace from JCrew for months.

Bubble necklace
(JCrew, $150)

But I really just couldn't bring myself to spend that on such a trendy statement piece. But I kept seeing bloggers everywherrreee with it and realized there has to be somewhere I can find it for a bargain! And my online hunt paid off. I found it on BaubleBar first for $38, but then I realized that the chain was only 20" and it was almost consistently sold out. But alas SPOTTED on Pink Peonies...
Photobucket
An ad on the left hand side featured a color combo I hadn't even seen before! Along with a chain that was clearly at least 24" long. So I meandered over to ILY Couture's website and placed an order for the bargain price $49. Yep, 1/3 of the price of the JCrew one! And so I waited and waited, and got a little frustrated because I really wanted to take it with me on my upcoming weekend trip to NC (the beau's parents renewed their vows for their 30th wedding anniversary, honestly never seen love like that, but I digress...). I even sent a frustrated email to the customer service email and received an apology and a tracking number. I tracked my package and it was in DENVER!!! And I was leaving the next day. Heartbroken little girl I was. 

But miraculously, when I came home just before grabbing my bags and about to hit the road, I checked my mailbox. And there it was!!! In it's girly glory, wrapped in a pretty bag with pink hearts and 15% off coupon for my next purchase. Just in the nick of time. From Denver to Philadelphia, who would've thought?

Pressed for time, as the beau was on his way in the golden chariot, I could only take one picture:

(Instagram @LaurenAlis)

It was shiny and perfect in all it's turquoise glory! And I was sure to send ILY an incredibly gracious email for it's timely arrival. 

And that's the end of my little online shopping binge...for now ;)

No really, it's time to focus on getting my house in order. Organization and Personalization are the theme words!!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment