Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wedding Weekend Wears

Ah! So if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you already know how crazy (in a good way) the past two weeks have been. Ever since Labor Day & Made in America, it's been a sprint to the finish line, which in this case was two really good friends' wedding this past weekend. We hit the road on Friday afternoon and booked it a good 4.5 hours to Albany, NY. We made it just in the nick of time to join the first course at the rehearsal dinner.

Thanks to pre-planned and packed outfits in my suitcase, I was able to freshen up quickly and pull this entire ensemble out of my suitcase in the 15 minutes I was given to get ready.

Dress: H&M | Shoes: Zara | Necklace: ILY Couture

I decided to take advantage of one of the last summer nights and had a little color blocking moment with three of my favorite summer purchases. It was comfy, chic, yet family friendly - three crucial things when sitting for hours dining to celebrate someone else's big day amongst their family and friends. While I was bright as a highlighter and showed a little leg, but I reserved the bling and the glowing skin for the bride, and of course made sure my dress was roomy enough for my potential post dessert bulge. 

For the actual wedding the next day, I took advantage of their evening wedding to don a floor length pink silk gown. Like seriously, how often in our post-prom and fraternity-formal lives to we get to wear evening dresses, right?


Dress: Jill Stuart (pictured here) | Ring: F21

I even had a little Angelina action going ;) but nothing too crazy. Because the dress was hot pink, with ruching, ruffles, and a thigh peeking slit, I wanted a really simple t-strap shoe. You'd never guess how hard it was to find something affordable...I really wanted these babies...

Gucci 'Naomi' Sandal available at #Nordstrom - like seriously if someone could find something similar for the fraction of the price, I'd be forever grateful!!
Gucci 'Naomi' Sandal at Nordstroms

Yes, you may also take a moment to swoon. Obviously, I'd never spend that kind of money on a shoe, even though I completely lucked out on my dress find, while in Marshalls a few months ago shopping for housewares and stumbling upon this gorgeous gown, originally $378 and sitting there for $99! #FTW Nonetheless, I finally found something with a similar feel to my Gucci love at Macy's in Center City of all places.

Marc Fisher 'TooHot' in Silver at Macy's

Can I just tell you that I danced all night in these shoes without the slightest bit of discomfort?! I was so impressed. Now that I think about it, I should probably write a review about it. I kept the hair, makeup, and accessories really simple donning some post earrings, a pave flower cocktail ring and carried a small Dolce & Gabanna black clutch. I got numerous compliments and felt particularly proud for achieving this entire evening look (mani/pedi/eyebrows included!) for under $200! Okay, so that excludes my handbag, but any small evening bag would have done. Still quite the feat, in my humble opinion. 

We had such a great time, literally tearing the dancefloor up. I wondered how crazy we looked as the bridal party/our college crews definitely were the lives of the party. We had such a great time, I personally enjoyed getting all dolled up, and didn't mind one bit sweating it all out on the dancefloor. Literally went from this...to this...



Mhmm...yep that's hair up in a ponytail and beads on the forehead. All I can hope is that whenever my big day rolls around, we party that hard too.

"As I look around, they don't do it like my clique..."

xox 


No comments:

Post a Comment