Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Kitchenware Goodies have arrived!!

So, I was quite the excited little camper when I got home for lunch last week and this big box from Macy's with my name on it was waiting in the lobby!!

Yes, I had a little trouble getting it into the elevator and down the hall, but I mustered the strength some way some how because 3 of the 4 things I've been pining for were inside...



A Slow Cooker/Crock Pot..a set of decent knives...and a multi-faceted, but compact blender..!!

I'm still waiting on this super cute Martha Stewart Collection mixing bowl set to arrive.

(macys.com, Reg $29.99, Sale $24.99 (plus the 10% off that day!))

I'm slightly nervous it will soon make me want a hand mixer...the stand one can wait until I've got a real home/gourmet kitchen lol.

I'm so excited to make my first slow cooker meal! I've been pinning them since Fall tried to sneak up on us. I think today is the last day we'll see the 70 degree mark for the rest of the year. Any recommendations? I've got one for Chicken Tikka Masala...

Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala  by cookingclassy #Chicken #Slow_Cooker #Chicken_Tikka_Masala

or maybe a Lamb Tagine...

Lamb tagine with garlic, honey and raisins. (Great party dish!)

or a hearty Texas Chili!

crock-pot-fall

There's just so many options! Very glad I recently learned about the Reynolds slow cooker liners that make cleaning up a cinch. Especially because I'm not sure how well the pot would have fit in my baby kitchen sink.

I'm even prouder of the fact that I got all four of these items for less than $130! Between sale items and free shipping. And because I had a few gift cards, I came out of pocket a mere $40 for these life changing gadgets.

Had I been a little more prepared, I would have given everything a whirl during Super Storm Sandy's showdown, but I quickly packed a few things and got a little further out of the city to the beau's bigger apartment, since we'd be stuck inside for a few days.

Can't wait to try them out this week though! Recipes to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment