Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Official Birthday Dress - Shop Your Closet 1st!



Blazer: Not Sure :-/ | Dress: D&G (Fall 2010 Collection)

I cannot even begin to explain how crazy the past few weeks have been. I told you before 2013 started with a bang and things clearly have no plans of slowing down anytime soon. But, I thought it important to show my blog a little love particularly having just celebrated my quarter century birthday ;)! How does 25 look on the girl??

Now I used to be one of those girls that would go shopping every time I had an event to go, or a special day, because those are reasons to buy and wear something new, right? Wrong...just wrong. For the sake of your pockets and for the sake of all the beautiful clothes you've acquired on the "just-because" shopping days, we've got to learn to shop the closet first! And I really did realize this when I looked through my closet, and I realized just how many beautiful dresses I had (ok, so I have a thing for dresses, for some people the addiction is shoes, for me it's fabulous dresses), like this D&G number, that I would only wear for very specific or special occasions. I bought this dress in late 2010 for my 23rd birthday dinner party. I took tons of pictures in it, felt beautiful and like the life of the party, as I should have.


Clearly I've learned a thing or two about makeup since then. But honestly, I have not worn this dress since that dinner in January of 2011, and not without trying. I'll go to grab it for an event, and either don't want to stand out too much if it's a wedding or other demure affair, or feel like it's too awesome for just dinner and drinks. Seriously what is more fun and festive than brightly colored polka dots? And when can and should I be a bright ball of fun and be the center of attention? Why my birthday of course! Since it was a little cold and rainy this time, I paired it with a pair of black tights and suede booties. And I've decided to make this the official birthday dress, for every January 28th thereafter, whether it's a Monday night dinner or a Saturday afternoon for tea, I will put this dress on and feel as fabulous as it makes me feel and celebrate my birth. As long as I can fit it, of course lol. And when I put it on, I'll remember all the memories of celebrating all that is me. Maybe I'll even bust it out on my half birthday in July lol.

What about you? Got a favorite dress in your closet that only gets worn for very special occasions? Let's figure out how to get it into a better rotation!

2 comments:

  1. First, Happy belated! Second, shopping in your own closet is one of the best things to do... It's amazing how much STUFF we accumulate, so where better to go shopping than in your closet... Or MY favorite, in my MOM'S closet! I also really like the idea of having an annual outfit. I think I just might do it with this jumpsuit number I wore for my own!

    Great blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Happy belated to you as well!! Shopping in Mom's closet is always even more fun, it's like getting new things without the guilt of spending money. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete