Tuesday, November 6, 2012

LOTD: Patriotic Pennsylvanian

Shirt: Cambridge | Dress: Anne Klein 
Necklace: Long Strand of Pearls (wrapped thrice)

So it normally takes some sorts of patriotic day you know like 4th of July or Election Day for me to realize that I have very little red clothing in my closet. Blues & whites galore, red - one pair of red skinnies recently acquired and clearly not Tuesday cubicle appropriate. Even though the red lip could have been enough of a statement, my red and blue striped scarf from last year's Homecoming at Penn felt like the perfect addition. After speaking on a panel last night for prospective English majors, I was feeling a bit nostalgic. My plaid cape completed the look and was the perfect background for this pretty little sticker I got.

Did you vote today? Because I did. :) 


Just a few hours left before the polls close...Exercise your right to vote, because someone probably fought for it. And even if something shady happens to you while you're there, like having your registration card in hand and them saying they don't see your name in the binder which means you have to cast a "Provisional Ballot" which may count or be rejected if your voter eligibility isn't verified (SIDE EYE!!!)...Recklessness all over the country with stuff like this...see this list by the Washington Post of "Voter Irregularities". My vote will count. I'm speaking it into fruition...hmmph!

And thank God for an end to these awful ads, tonight the real work begins...and fun for those having Election Night shindigs! A Pinterest Success or Fail post to come after tonight's try at a few tasty appetizers.

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment