Friday, November 9, 2012

Pinterest Dish Wins!

So there are a number of websites like Pinterest Fail or even worse Epic Pinterest Fail, that display DIY arts & crafts, food dishes, costumes, etc. found on Pinterest that just went very very wrong when tried at home. Like these:

   
(via Pinterest Fail)

Bahahaha! They seriously make me feel so much better about my successes.

Earlier this week, the beau & I hosted some friends over to watch the Election results, so I decided to try a few apps I'd pinned recently, and all three were a hit! And I've got before and after pictures to prove it! :)

I'd call this nibbler spread of Spicy Sriracha Chicken Cheeseballs, Crab Rangoon and Bruschetta a win!


See Recipes after the jump!


Sriracha Chicken Cheeseballs (Adapted from Tablespoon)

Ingredients:
3 cups of Original Bisquick Mix
1 pound of ground chicken
2-3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used a little over 3 b/c that's all I had, worked just fine)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk (I used whole)
1/2 teaspoon oregano

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper (I used foil ;)..) In a large bowl, combine all ingredients using your hands or spatula. (Note/Warning - this mixture is incredibly sticky. Actually pretty much every time I use Bisquick things get incredibly sticky, but according to the beau, it's always worth it in the end lol.) Form mixture into 1.5 - 2" balls and place them onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 20-15 minutes or until nice and golden brown on the outside. Then enjoy!


Crab Rangoon (Adapted from I Breathe, I'm Hungry)


Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 oz imitation crab meat
1 medium sized onion, chopped
~50 wonton wrappers
Oil for frying

Combine the cream cheese, "crab", and onion in food processor (I used a blender, which made for a little extra work..read: Blend, Spoon Mix, Repeat...lol) and pulse into combined, keeping a bit of texture, but not big chunks. Place the wonton wrappers on a flat surface 8-10 at a time, and put about a teaspoon of the filling in the center of each. Using a small cup of water, dip your finger in the water and wet the edges, and fold into a triangle. Care to make sure there are no air bubbles because they will cause the rangoon to burst. (Wet filling in hot oil = bad combo). Fry in about 2 inches of hot oil (test the oil by throwing a dash of water for the sizzle) for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and wait a few minutes so that the filling doesn't burn your mouth! :) Serve plain (or with a side of sweet chili sauce, like I did).

Simple Bruschetta


Ingredients:
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
10 leaves of fresh basil
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Sautee garlic in olive oil about 3-5 minutes until garlic has browned. Combine the tomatoes in a bowl with the garlic. Roll the basil leaves and slice into strips, then add to the bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and mix. Then serve with bruschetta crackers, as I did, or toasted bread, whichever you prefer.





No comments:

Post a Comment