Thursday, November 8, 2012

LOTD: Pinspired - Black&Yellow

So a while back I stumbled upon this photo on Pinterest and I loved everything about the look.

Big bun, bright top, collar necklace, pleated skirt and platform. Head to toe, love it all!
(via Pinterest)
From the huge bun to the splash of yellow to the otherwise all black ensemble, I simply couldn't wait for Fall to rock the color combo. And then a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon this look over at Pink Peonies...

so making this bow on my shirt this color!

And got super excited because I had just nabbed a neon yellow blouse just like this from Mommy's closet with the tag still on it ;). And I thought, I have some black satin ribbon...(gears churned)...

And voila!

Blouse: J. Crew | Bow: Black Satin Ribbon | Skirt: Tahari
Arm Candy: Michele, David Yurman, Tiffany & Co.

I promised I'm not wrinkled...although silk does do that easily. I think I merged the looks pretty well. Loosened the bow and made it a little more Janelle Monae-esque. Maybe I'll rock a pompadour next time. And yes, this is a very bright color to wear on a gloomy Nor'easter looming day, but you know how I feel about bright colors on grey days, keeps the cloudy blues away! 

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment