Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Monogram Obession

Call me preppy, if you must, but I have a slight obsession with monograms, and oddly enough haven't had an iota of my belongings monogrammed since my L.L. Bean backpack in middle school. Don't judge, you had one too, and if you didn't, you wanted one. Anyway, I think it started when I spotted these necklaces like everywhere last summer...


And while so many people had them, everyone's looked a little unique because it was their initials. But despite my jonesing, I held off on the purchase. But Pinterest in making this really hard...today, I saw this..!


Monogram Belt=LOVE!
(via)
Like come..on, how adorable is that?! I want the entire ensemble for a beautiful spring day. I mean I already have the yellow cardy and a white button down, so I'd really just request an accessory download into my closet. How cool would that be? If Pinterest could actually download and an entire outfit's items into a cart despite being from separate online vendors? Kind of like Pinterest meets Amazon... 

Anyway, to take it just one step further, since I've been obsessing with home decor as of recently, I stumbled onto this...
 monogram

Seriously almost had a conniption at the computer. At first glance, I thought it was a painting, and I got all inspired to paint my initials on a canvas and hang it on the huge blank wall that's currently staring at me daily, which would be more fun of a project and more importantly more affordable than the huge wall mirror I'd originally envisioned. But further investigation led to discovering that these initials were in fact actually made out of wood and glued to a canvas. And these custom creations retail for about $80. Wompity womp womp. 

Not completely discouraged, I thought maybe I'll just find a monogram creator online, so I can see what my initials will look like and then create a stencil or freehand draw and paint it onto the canvas, for much less than $80. I've had my suspicions about liking what my monogram would look like since I don't have a pretty swirly letter like B,M, or S for my last name and what would be the center initial. Who in the world would have thought it'd be so freaking hard to find a website that you'd simply type in your 3 initials and viola your monogram is created. Don't believe me? Try for yourself. If you'd like to save some time, keep reading.

When I clicked the link for the monogrammed belt it took me to a Tumblr page that had a bunch of really cute things, one of which was a monogrammed iPhone case and iPhone wallpaper. Light bulb went off! And into my Google search box I typed "Monogram iPhone Wallpaper" and viola! I found this awesome app called 3Initials that I downloaded immediately and FINALLY created my own monogram...properly. I had been attempting to draw it for the past few days, sad sight really. 

Here she is:

My "V" looks much prettier in the middle than I ever gave her credit for being able to, and now not only am I going to paint this on a canvas, I think I've convinced myself to get the necklace too!! ;)

The only other question is where to put the painting, because after stumbling upon this gem, my initials have got a little competition from Philly's own "LOVE"


How awesome is this living room? Either way, a trip to the art supply store is definitely happening this weekend. Wish me luck! 

Happy Humpday!

xox




No comments:

Post a Comment