Monday, July 2, 2012

REVIEW: HoneyGrow

Now that I'm living in Center City, I'm absolutely ecstatic and scared at the same time. Ecstatic that I'm so close to everything, especially so many new and interesting hidden foodery gems. And I'm scared because I'm so close to so many foodery gems, including Insomnia Cookies being dangerously close to my door. Like seriously, I can smell the cookies in the lobby. Nonetheless, I've been walking past this place called HoneyGrow often, and just as often seeing the line out of the door. I'm starting to think some restaurants are strategically positioning the register right at the door to create the illusion of ridiculous demand (ahem Shake Shack ahem ahem). Excuse me :) Anyway, since it was rather late in the day, there was no line and I went straight to the kiosk to order. I went with the Spicy Garlic Stir Fry. And I am so glad that I did.



Let's just say, as I watched my food being made (I'm a wuss for fresh ingredients and even fresher preparation) I kind of wanted to take my piping hot food, sit at one of their light wood tables and devour. But time was not on my side, so I took it to my desk. I opened my little paper box to find a wonderfully aromatic blend of egg noodles, free-range chicken, broccoli, bamboo shoots, red bell peppers and red onions, in a spicy red sauce. Loved the combination of textures, the blend of spice and tang, and the overall heartiness of the meal. Not bad for $9.75+tax. Two thumbs up HoneyGrow. You will be seeing me again, maybe for a salad or smoothie next time. :)

(HoneyGrow, 16th & Sansom, Philadelphia, PA, 215-279-7224)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment